Peterhof (or Petergof) is situated about 25 km. west from Saint-Petersburg (and about 35 km. North-West from Catherine Palace). Peterhof was founded in 1710-th by the order of Peter the Great. As a whole complex it consists of Upper Gardens, Grand Palace, Grand Cascade (with statue of Samson in the center) and Lower Gardens, lying on the sea shore. Peterhof is accessible by boat, departing from center of Saint-Petersburg (Winter Palace), that goes along the Neva river and then Gulf of Finland.
Photos are given in the order from Upper Garden to the Grand Palace, then Grand Cascade and Lower Garden.
Copyright © All pictures Sergey Sorokin